COVID-19 Update – May 16
We are now cleared to open however the state is currently requiring a prescription from a doctor. VA patients do not need any further action, but for all other patients we would need that prescription before we can schedule you. Those can be emailed or faxed to (315) 637-3999.
We will start calling patients on Monday and may be able to schedule a few appointments for the afternoon. There will be a lot of changes we need to make so we ask for your patience as we do our best to get people rescheduled in a timely manner as well as do what we can to keep you safe. Please read the following about update policies and procedures for our reopening.
New Policies (subject to change)
1) If you have a fever, cough, chills, or sore throat please call us to reschedule your appointment. If you have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 please call us before your appointment.
2) Face masks must be worn (covering mouth and nose) while in the office at all times. Please bring your own if you can as we only have a limited supply of disposable masks.
3) Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. If you arrive earlier please remain in your car and call us to see if you can be seen earlier.
4) Unless you need assistance please do not bring anyone in the office with you.
5) Maintain 6 feet of distance with other patients when possible.
6) Hand sanitizer is available in the waiting room and all treatment rooms, please use it before and after touching any surfaces (door knobs, etc).
In addition to our normal infectious disease control protocols we will be doing enhanced cleaning in between patients.
Something for Everyone
Whether you are suffering from chronic pains or migraines, dealing with health problems, looking to lose weight, or just want to feel better and less stressed East Side Acupuncture has something for you.
Traditional Acupuncture – get great results safely using a time tested technique. It can treat anything from head to toe, inside or outside. (Some insurances accepted)
Herbal Medicine – Safe, all natural herbal remedies for a variety of conditions. Whether you want to treat a specific condition or just want some remedies to keep in the medicine cabinet Chinese Herbal medicine has options for you.
Massage – Our team of massage therapists can help you at either location.
Join millions of others who have discovered the benefits of acupuncture. Regardless of whether you are looking for wellness care or trying to find relief from a specific health concern acupuncture can help you be healthier and happier. You can find more information by clicking the links above. Also check out my blog and Facebook pages for more information. If you live in the Syracuse or Oneida area then the best way to have your questions answered and to find out how acupuncture can help you is to call East Side Acupuncture at (315) 569-6579 and set up an appointment!
What Is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a therapeutic technique used in Traditional Chinese Medicine. It involves the painless insertion of fine needles into the skin which causes a variety of physiological changes in the body. This therapy is great for treating, and often eliminating pains such as chronic back or neck pain, knee pain, migraines and headaches. Acupuncture can also be used to treat a wide variety of other issues such as insomnia, stress, infertility, digestive problems, and much more (see this list from the World Health Organization about some of the other issues we can treat). At East Side Acupuncture we also use other techniques such as Chinese medical massage into our treatments. We also incorporate Chinese herbal medicine and dietary recommendations to give you even more safe and effective health care options. Patient education is also very important to us so we strive to help our patients understand their bodies better so that they can live a healthy life.